Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Will Buy Your Stolen Shit

Welcome back kiddies! I know that my writing has slowed a bit since I have been retired. One would think that my blogs would increase in frequency since I don't have to go to work anymore. But (you guessed it) nay nay. I have been busy around the house with this and that. I did happen to venture out today for awhile though. As I was driving, I looked to my left...and what to my wondering eyes should appear? The focus of today's blog!

Pawn shops are wonderful things. They help out people who need money fast and have a bunch of stuff that they really don't need. They are a great place to pick up stuff for cheap. And they are an excellent place for your average, run of the mill thief or crackhead to make a quick buck. This last part may be news to some of you, but I have seen it happen. Anytime you walk into a pawn shop (which I highly recommend on your next vacation) and you happen to see a new Blu-ray or PS3 game on the shelf and it is still in the original packaging.....crack heads stole these products and pawned them for a couple of bucks. This is your chance to clean up! But anyway...

What was it that I saw? Was it just another pawn shop? I say nay nay! I saw a 24 hour pawn shop. Pawn shops keep strict hours, tight security, video cameras, the works. A 24 hour pawn shop is basically telling the world, "Hey, we are open all night so that we can buy your stolen shit right after you get it!" There is no other reason to be a 24 hour pawn shop. I have never woken up at 3 in the morning thinking, "You know what? I could really use a few bucks, and I don't really use my microwave anyway...". 24 hour ATM? Sure....who knows when you will need money. 24 hour convenience store? Great...those stores have EVERYTHING. 24 hour Taco Bell....I am on board. But a 24 hour pawn shop is about as relevant as a 24 hour IRS office. No one will be at these locations except criminals.

I believe this pawn shop was actually started by the police so that they can just pick off the thieves and crack heads without having to track them down days after the fact. If the cops DIDN'T start this business, then they should have. At a minimum they should just sit outside and watch the clientele and snatch them up as they walk out. No one is pawning their own stuff at 2 a.m.

That is the strangest business I think I have ever seen. Who can top it? Find me a stranger (legitimate) business than a 24 hour pawn shop (and no...the Catholic Church doesn't count). Until next time readers.....Stay Salty.

No comments:

Post a Comment