Tuesday, June 21, 2011

And Now, Message From Your Pants

Good day all, and welcome back! There hasn't been much to write about lately, so I have taken to the streets for inspiration. When I say "the streets", I mean I have actually left the house and gone out and about to see what was out there. What I found does not surprise me, but it does continue to irritate me. Let me enlighten you all...

Remember when we were kids? Those of us with older siblings or cousins that passed their "lightly used" clothing down to us? Yes, I am talking about hand me downs. Hand me downs didn't always fit us like new clothes would, but hey...we grew into them! This was an excuse for our clothes not to fit properly; "hey, this was my cousins shirt, I thought it was cool and he let me have it." Or "these were my brother's jeans, get off me." This was socially acceptable and not frowned upon by the community. You may have gotten teased about it, but that was all part of growing up.

Then there was the fad with the baggy pants. Baggy pants were also socially accepted and just looked at as a fashion trend that would pass in time. When the baggy pants became the norm, people started buying them too large in the waist in order to let their underwear show. I guess this was some sort of rebellion phase, or maybe they just couldn't afford a belt...either way, I never understood. This was a very irritating fad..I always wanted to go tell the dumbass to pull up his pants. I, of course, blame Puff Diddy Daddy Farty Licky for this...but then again, I blame him for everything.

All of this is old news to everyone, so what brings me here today? Skinny jeans on boys. As I was traveling about the Hampton Roads area I began to see them everywhere. These are the same pants that "Yo" had on in my Fast Food blog. Not only are these things so tight that they look like they are painted on... but they are wearing them around the middle of their ass cheeks and showing 6 inches of underwear at the same time!!! Who lets these kids out of the house like this? Who buys these pants for their son? I actually asked someone wearing these pants if they had taken them from their sister's closet. These are the dumbest things I have ever seen, and we need to find a way to make it stop. I recommend to any parent that has a son wearing these things...go out and get yourself a pair and wear them around him and his friends. Hell, buy them too short so that they won't go over your ass..then you will apparently be REALLY cool. The kids will see their dads wearing them and immediately stop wearing them. 

Take a stand people...don't buy this crap for your kids. If you do, do something about it and buy some for yourself to wear around them and their friends. Go all Susan Powter and "Stop the Insanity!" Parents still make the rules, "my house, my rules" right? I always took the Chris Rock theory of child raising to be gospel, but it only pertains to girls. "You've got one mission in life. Keep you daughter off the pole." Now I am starting my own..."...Keep your son out of the bath house!" Keep putting those skinny jeans on him and see what happens. For all of you who do wear these stupid clothes, and they are not hand me downs...I have a message from your pants..."I DON'T FIT YOU!!". Until next time... Stay Salty.

-Salty Dog

2 comments:

  1. I think the skinny jeans go along with the "boyfriend who looks like a girlfriend" fkn haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, all looking like the cartoon band "The Impossibles"

    ReplyDelete