Monday, October 21, 2013

Welcome to 1981

Hello good people! It has been four months since I sat down and had anything to write about. Last month I ran into a man named EXZAYVIER, and I almost had to write about it....but I passed. But this time, I went all Popeye, and I can'ts stands no more! So what is it that brings me here today? Is it to tell you about the new, hot podcast "Attack of the Fangirls" (check them on Facebook and iTunes)? Is it to answer the age old question, "who wrote the book of love"? Is it to organize a hostile takeover of Netflix so that they will finally show BJ and the Bear? Sadly...nay nay. What brings me to all of you on this crappy Monday is my nemesis PDDFL. For those of you not following along, that would be Puff Diddy Daddy Farty Licky (Sean Combs to some of you).

Those of us who remember the early 1980s, you may remember a little network that played music videos 24/7. It was oddly named MTV...Music TeleVision. MTV picked up the idea of Friday Night Videos and ran it all the time. People loved and wanted their MTV. MTV was FM radio for your eyes. You would hear a song on the radio, and rush to MTV to see if there was a video for the song yet. Today, MTV is full of "reality" programing and very few music videos...or music anything. Did MTV move away from music videos because America doesn't want to watch that anymore? Is it because YouTube makes music videos available on demand? Is it because there is no good music out there today, anyway? Well, none of these questions matter, because starting tonight....PDDFL is bringing you  Revolt TV.

PDDFL is starting his own television network, like he's Oprah or something. Revolt TV is going to be a 24 hour music video channel. 30 years later, PDDFL decides to remake MTV. Piss Dookie is trying to bring the YouTube audience back to television. I would be the first one to say that this is going to fail miserably....but I also said that his attempt to rap would fail miserably. He found a way to use the death of Biggie Smalls to carry him long enough to make a record of his own, so who knows what he's going to do with Revolt. The first 24 hours will be Bad Boy videos? All Biggie, all the time? The resurgence of Mase? Ooooh, one can only hope.

Does the world need an MTV reboot? Will those of you in the Time Warner Cable area be tuning in? Should someone stop Piss Dookie from destroying our childhood memories? Check out his teaser here RevoltTV. I know that I am anti-PDDFL, but if any of you see this as a good idea, please let me know. Okay kids, off to get some work done. Hopefully next time we meet won't be four months from now. Until next time....Stay Salty.

- Salty Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment