Monday, April 5, 2010

Entrance Theme

Welcome back everyone. Let us get back on track. As I was sitting at work with my Chief, we were discussing (for no apparent reason) entrance themes. You know what they are, those songs that are played when your favorite boxer, wrestler, or Ultimate Fighter makes his way to the ring. This could be anything from Metallica to Toby Keith, to Jay-Z. This brought up the discussion of what would YOUR entrance theme be if you were one of these guys?

How does one make a decision like that? There are so many great songs out there, and from so many different genres. Does it depend on your fighting style? Does it depend on your character's motivation? How would you choose? Do you take something current or something classic? Something obscure that will only be associated with you? I have been thinking about this for hours now and am not sure that I even have an answer yet.

I would think that I would select something hardcore. Something that would put fear into my opponent right off the bat. Die Motherfucker Die by Dope, or Bring Out Your Dead by Strung Out (if you don't know either song, please investigate and enjoy...you're welcome). The other side of my brain says that I should stick with my roots and go with an old school hip hop song. Something like King of Rock by Run DMC or Chief Rocka by Lords of the Underground. I would have to pick a song that I loved because it is the only song that I get to hear before a fight. The song will quickly become associated with me, so I couldn't just change it whenever I got tired of it.

I know that this is a short and off the wall topic, but I needed to get it out there. So true believers...what would YOUR entrance theme be? And better yet...why that song? Until next time...Stay Salty

1 comment:

  1. My immediate reaction is The Logical Song by Supertramp (my anthem), but it doesn't work as an entrance theme. I'd probably go back to my roots on this one - Iron Maiden: Number of the Beast.

    ReplyDelete