Thursday, January 28, 2010

Defining The Blog

Alright everyone...there is no one point from which this, or any story springs. I will tell you that this whole blogging thing is Bill's fault. He asked a question in his blog (which I am obligated to read because he is one of my oldest friends) about what one thing I wished I had pursued more vigorously "back in the day" (which we all know was a Wednesday). After much thought, I answered him by stating I wish I had pursued writing more. Well, with no other current outlet, this is my pursuit.

The title of my blog may be foreign to many of you (however "many" may turn out to be). It is from an Ice-T song of the same name. When having to title my ranting and raving, it was the first thing that came to my mind. I enjoy writing, I enjoy ranting, I enjoy heated debates when the opposition is equally passionate and well versed on their topic. I am considered by some to be an emotional cripple, as I do not often show emotion outwardly. I am not politically correct, and do not often take others' feelings into consideration when speaking. If this is to be an issue for you, I recommend that you turn back now while your sanity and feelings are still intact. For those of you that can take things with a grain of salt...I welcome you aboard.

I do not know how often I will post here, I guess as the mood strikes me. I cannot guarantee that anything I have to say will appeal to any of you. I also cannot guarantee that the things I say will make sense to everyone. I can guarantee that I will use this for an outlet whenever something strikes me as noteworthy. I welcome you all to take this journey with me and hope that we can make this an entertaining trip.

-Salty Dog

3 comments:

  1. Great you're finally doing something that you're passionate about. This is going to be one hell of a ride. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure...blame me. You and I vs. the Establishment and standard thinking of mindless drones who do what they're told without the temerity or intestinal fortitude to challenge or question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog journey of yours is going to be one HELL of a RIDE!!! Just make sure to bring up some Robinson Cruesoe lyrics with it!!

    ReplyDelete